Director of Business Development & Marketing
Location: Iowa or Midwest Region
Industry: Livestock Insurance
Direct Hire Opportunity
Sedona AG Services is partnering with an early stage, venture backed Startup Company that is launching new insurance products to the beef, pork and poultry industries seeking a Business Development professional. The right fit candidate will be a self-starting leader with solid contacts in the swine, beef and or poultry industries who is looking to get in at the ground level. We are looking for a candidate who has proven success in sales at the farm gate to the board room. This is a unique, hybrid role that combines agricultural experience with business savvy and insurance and technical product understanding.
What you get to do (at a glance):
● Responsible for driving sales growth and building relationships in the livestock industry by evaluating new business opportunities, markets and technologies to support the insurance product lines in swine, cattle and eventually poultry.
● Help create and then market the brand and public image
● Sell flagship product to clients – the top 40 U.S. producers/feeders in the pork and cattle industries – as well as key partners including banks/lenders and animal health companies
● Give constant market and customer feedback to refine and improve the product and feature offering and contribute to product roadmap
● Work closely with other members of the leadership team and other key stakeholders to lead company’s overall strategic sales efforts. C ollaboratively set goals and outline how to reach targets.
● W rite articles and newsletters on current affairs within the farming industry as they relate to risk management
● Prospect, analyze and solicit new business development collaborations via relevant databases, conferences/shows, online industry news, professional network and other relevant sources.
● Develop and deliver impactful presentations that successfully persuade the target audience in supporting the business development initiatives, virtually as well as traveling to meet in person when possible
● Operate with high values and respect for our clients and the best interests of the livestock and agriculture industries that feed the country