Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is a leader in providing practical solutions for difficult communications problems. The Antenna Systems group, located in Duluth, GA, is a world leader in GEO, MEO and LEO satellite ground systems, providing terminals, modems and data management products and services worldwide. Our ground antenna products and services are used in Broadband satellite communications and resource monitoring as well as intelligence and surveillance by commercial and government customers in a variety of locations and applications.
If you are a Business Development professional with 10+ years’ experience in the satellite communications field and are interested in expanding your career, then perhaps Viasat is the right company for you. As a Business Development Director, you will seek out new business opportunities and increase market share by developing relationships with both new and existing customers, developing sales strategies and submitting proposals to win targeted USG opportunities.
- 10+ years working as a business development professional in a satellite communications company, serving the US Government markets
- A technical understanding of satellite communications and RF technology
- An engineering degree in a related field – Electrical, Mechanical, wireless or software
- The ability to understand customers’ complex requirements and effectively offer feasible solutions
- The ability to define business models/cases for new product and service sales
- The ability to prepare presentations and supporting materials for both customers’ and internal business reviews
- The ability to travel up to 50% to worldwide locations for up to a week at a time.
- US Citizenship (required),
- Active or recent TS/SCI
- Experience selling satellite communications products and services
- Experience representing your company in technical and business reviews with customers
- A willingness to engage with industry influencers and discuss solutions that enable market growth
- A passion for working in a fun, fast-paced environment and adapting quickly to changing market conditions.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Development Director (Satcom)!