To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Toledo, IL 62468
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CLA Search • Toledo, IL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) has been retained by Ervin Equipment, Inc. to identify and assist in the hiring of their Controller. The Controller will be responsible for the entire Accounting and Finance function while working closely with operations and leadership.
Headquartered in Toledo, IL, the company prides its self on being the best equipment supplier and remarketer in North America that focuses on new and used trailer sales. In addition to offering a wide selection of new and used equipment, Ervin has another business entity, Ervin Lease, LLC dedicated to assisting with financing, logistics and lease. The organization started as a one man operation and has evolved into a thriving international company. Ervin was built on a foundation of integrity, quality, commitment, and innovation. Their commitment to that foundation has enabled the organization to exceed customer’s expectations and provide the best service.
The organization is family -owned with the intention to continue scaling the business. The successful candidate will be reporting to the CFO with the ability to make an immediate impact within the organization.
Key Success Factors:
• Leading with Impact: Guides and motivates others and is able to direct team to achieve desired end results
• Ownership Mindset: Creates expectations of success throughout the organizations
• Entrepreneurial Grit: Has the courage to take action on new ideas, overcome challenges, and understands the balance of risks vs. positive outcomes
• Business Partner: Anticipates CFO’s needs and looks for opportunities to provide proactive discussion and options for decision making
• People Development: Provides coaching opportunities to help develop staff
• Clear Communication: Communication has high impact and encourages openness
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Manages challenging issues and understands when appropriate to leverage internal experts
• Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on managing work and key leadership relationships to exceed organization’s expectations
• Manage and oversee all day-to-day finance and accounting functions
• Direct the activities of the Assistant Controller, and accounting staff
• Oversee and perform general accounting activities including GAAP compliance and monthly and annual closings
• Direct the day-to-day accounting functions of the equipment leasing portfolio, including cash management and reporting to external funding sources
• Perform inventory analysis including valuation, purchasing, sales, and turnover rate
• Generate and communicate 13-week rolling cash flow forecasts
• Analyze and determine inventory valuations, impairments, accruals, reserves, and accounts receivable collectability
• Prepare and communicate banks’ and other lenders’ weekly and monthly reporting packages
• Perform monthly and annual budget-to-actual review of income statements and balance sheets
• Prepare annual budgets and multi-year business plans
• Work with external auditors on financial statements reviews
• Assist in financial systems installations, conversions, and integrations, as necessary
• Interact on a regular basis with financial staff of related entities
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• 12 + years’ of accounting experience
• Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (ERP, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• CPA is a plus (Public accounting experience preferred)
• Experience in equipment leasing company is a plus
• Experience in commercial equipment dealership company is a plus
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency to respond to and address needs of the company, balanced with good instincts and a strong attention to detail
• Ability to determine key metrics upon which to measure productivity and profitability
• Ability to contribute to strategic planning and execution