About Mobile Loaves & Fishes
Mobile Loaves & Fishes (MLF) is a social outreach ministry that has been empowering communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless since 1998. Founded in Austin, Texas, the organization serves its homeless neighbors through three core programs: Truck Ministry, Community First! Village, and Community Works. Often referred to as the most talked about neighborhood in Austin, Community First! Village is a 51-acre master planned development that provides affordable, permanent housing and a supportive community for men and women coming out of chronic homelessness. We are now embarking on a new phase of community expansion, adding more than 1400 new neighbors over the next 5-10 years.
About the role
The Maintenance Technician is an integral part of the Construction & Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of maintenance and repair duties at Community First! Village, a 51-acre master planned community that provides affordable, permanent housing for individuals coming out of chronic homelessness.
This is a full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Assistant Manager of Maintenance. Work performed will be at Community First! Village located at 9101 and 9301 Hog Eye Road, Austin, TX 78724.
- Perform maintenance and preventative maintenance on tiny homes, RVs, and office buildings to include HVAC, electrical, carpentry and general repairs
- Perform inspections on homes, buildings, equipment, and systems to identify issues
- Repair faulty units or systems in accordance with maintenance department standards
- Plan, schedule, and update repairs in Appfolio system
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs outside of technician's expertise with the Director of Maintenance and/or outside vendors
- Check all materials received for quantity, quality, dimensions, and damage
- Notify the Director of Maintenance of any delays, unforeseen conditions, or subcontractor no-shows that will affect the schedule
- Responsible for knowing and understanding all job paperwork, plans and specifications
- Communicate supply needs to the purchasing agent
- Perform job duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures
- Report any safety hazards or concerns to the Safety team
- Attend daily team meetings, monthly staff meetings, and other meetings deemed necessary
- Other Duties & Responsibilities as needed
- Electrical Wirings
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Preventive Maintenance