AdvantageCare Physicians is the largest physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area. With 36 medical offices in the Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, we aspire to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through focusing our care on the needs of our patients as we partner with them in the pursuit of better health. Each and every day, our actions should be guided by these principles as we interact with our patients, each other and our communities. The values that drive the AdvantageCare Physicians culture include a caring attitude, quality focus, collaboration, excellence and good citizenship. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, we can deliver the highest quality healthcare while also creating positive patient experiences.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with 3-5 years of experience to provide medical services in our new Expanded Access service line. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide a full scope of primary care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance for adult and pediatric patients. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three to five years of experience working as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in primary care, treating both acute and chronic conditions in primary care, women’s health and pediatrics.
Expanded Access is differentiated from typical on-demand care services in the market - AdvantageCare Physicians Expanded Access ensures that patients’ acute needs are met in the context of their continuing health needs and existing relationships with other AdvantageCare Physicians providers. As such, this position is functions as a member of the AdvantageCare Physicians primary care Care Team. Along with supporting patients’ same-day access needs, the Expanded Care provider works closely with the patient’s existing primary care physicians, specialists, and nurses to coordinate and close gaps in care.
These positions have the option of being a job share opportunity
· See same-day appointments during extended morning, evening, or weekend hours.
· Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
· Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
· Diagnose and treat disease and manage chronic illness.
· Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law, with no expectation to prescribe controlled substances.
· Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
· Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
· Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
· Close patient gaps in care, e.g. HEDIS, hospital follow-up care, patient goal-setting.
· Participate in quality initiatives under the direction of the Express Care Service Line Chair and site Medical Office Medical Director.
Education & Experience
· Nurse Practitioner: Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
· Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department
· Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or be eligible for board certification.
· 3 years minimum experience, capable of providing care without physician supervision
· Comfort and recent experience treating both adult and pediatric patients
· Recent experience providing basic gynecological care
· Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
· Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
· Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
· Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required but both strongly preferred
· Ability to suture and splint a plus
· Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
We will also consider Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant: Bachelor of Science degree in Physician Studies but a strong preference for Master of Science degree in Physician Studies.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Current Board Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Must see ages 12 months and older
Work Shift: Saturday 8am-4pm, Sunday 10am-4pm
- Competitive Hourly Rate commensurate with experience
- Sign-On Bonus
- Malpractice Insurance