To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
158 State Street
Meriden, CT 06450
- Eric Cybulski
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front Office Receptionist (Per-Diem/Evenings)
Easter Seals Greater Waterbury, Central & NW Connecticut • Meriden, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Per-Diem position- M-F, must be available between 4:15pm-7pm
Under the supervision of the Front Office Supervisor, the Front Office Assistant is responsible for answering the phones, greeting and scheduling patients. Responsible for accurate data entry, mailings, faxes and communication with referral sources. This position serves as the support for the front office department and must be flexible in accepting new assignments, changes in the work load and completing assignments in a timely manner. The Front Office Assistant will also provide clerical support to the rehabilitation department.
- Answers multi-line phone system in a professional manner, route calls or take messages and distribute to appropriate staff member.
- Greets and check-in patients, page therapist over intercom when their appointment has arrived.
- Processes referrals from outside sources, contact patient for intake process ensuring information recorded accurately in a timely manner.
- Data entry of patient information into Medisoft software for admissions process.
- Schedules and reschedules patient appointments in Medisoft and print schedule for patient.
- Mail and/or fax reports and other correspondence letters to MD regarding patient status, mail letters patients when we are unable to contact them by phone.
- Requests doctor signatures on evaluations and progress notes as required for insurance compliance and authorization.
- Requests and maintains authorization for Medicaid patients.
- Maintains informational spreadsheets.
- Provides coverage for Front Office staff during lunch/illness/vacation, other duties as assigned.
- Retains privileged/patient information in confidence.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Displays and upholds Easter Seals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to communicate well with staff, patients and visitors.
- Maturity of judgement, even temperament, good communication skills
- Must have proficient computer skills, ability to use fax machine, copy machine, basic Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good organizational skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a healthcare facility preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish required.