The Design Engineer is responsible for the development, design and testing of upgrades, modifications and enhancements to existing equipment and for the development of new food processing equipment. They will render technical assistance to customers, manufacturing personnel, installation personnel and maintenance groups.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conceive, design, develop, test, and implement food processing machinery.
• Provide technical support to customers.
• Support manufacturing personnel as required.
• Write protocols and monitor testing activities.
• Work with non-metallic technologies (plastics, composites, etc.)
• Write technical documentation and service manuals.
• Prepare schedules, charts, graphs, and necessary updates.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow proper safety procedures and safeguard others’ safety at all times, understanding the obligation to refuse to perform any tasks that are unsafe.
• Maintains high levels of work station housekeeping.
• Accept travel assignments including to foreign countries.
• Accept job assignments from Manager for any type of work for which the employee is deemed qualified.
• Accept other duties as assigned including working in other departments or locations.
• Must have strong 2D/3D CAD skills and strong knowledge of ANSI drawing standards.
• Must have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project).
• Electronic/electrical design experience.
• Stainless steel design experience preferred.
• BS degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 5+ years related experience.
• Must be detail-oriented, analytical and computer literate with proven leadership skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction, manufacturing and installation practices/techniques.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
• Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Capable of lifting 25 pounds.
• Capable of using hand and power tools.
• Capable of working on feet for entire shift.
• Capable of working in temperature and non-temperature-controlled environment.
• Capable of climbing, bending, squatting, and reaching above shoulder height.
• Capable of working around moving equipment and machinery.
• Capable of working around chemical products using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing