Our Client is an international freight forwarder, located in the Kent, WA area looking for an Ocean Export Agent to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
Purpose of Position
To serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing unit, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Receive and validate customer order
• Issue shipment handling instructions to all relevant parties
• Reserve file number
• File tariff rate if applicable
• Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
• Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
• Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
• Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
• Provide accurate job costing forecast
• Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
• Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
• Other duties as requested.
Skills & Requirements
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
• Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry (Ocean Export) preferred
• Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
• Team player