ActioNet is looking for an Proposal DTP/Editor located in Vienna, VA.
- Attend proposal kickoff meetings
- Become familiar with the opportunity; review the DRAFT RFP (e.g., instructions, evaluation criteria, SOW) for requirements that impact format and production
- Assist in formulating questions to government regarding production and formatting requirements
- Proofreads, edits, and corrects proposal text to meet proposal style guide/compliance specifications.
- Edit proposal narratives, correcting grammar, passive voice, and consistency to support ease of readability.
- Ensure all texts conforms for messaging & one voice.
- Create and maintain all proposal style guides for use by all proposal staff and authors.
- Coordinate editorial tasks with proposal management staff while communicating needs and deadlines. Responsible for communicating the progress of proposals to management.
- Research and understand relevant information from SMEs for use in proposal writing to address customer hot buttons, features, and benefits of proposed solution, and incorporating win themes into proposal sections.
- May edit/DTP multiple proposals in the same timeframe.
- Assist the Proposal Manager throughout the assigned proposal’s lifecycle and perform desktop publishing (DTP) and production.
- Add and format graphics into proposal templates
- Select formatting properties, such as text size, column width, spacing, etc. based on government requirements.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve document or file issues (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Assist in the development, maintenance, production, and submittal of proposals and related documents / Finalize formatted documents for printing or electronic submission
- Work with authors to create and update formatting on resume templates per RFP requirements
- Work with authors to create and update formatting on past performance templates per RFP requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- 5+ years editing and formatting experience with government proposals, preferably with a focus on IT Services.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Process and proposal best practices.
- Working knowledge and experience with SharePoint
- Familiarity with the principles of graphic design to ensure that page elements work together and are laid out attractively.
- Understands spatial reasoning, particularly when formatting page elements like text boxes and graphics on the page.
- Ability to work closely with writers, editors, and managers. The ability to collaborate across teams is vital in this role and work multiple opportunities concurrently.
- Effective communication with team members and clients is also important in this role, from the kickoff meeting to delivering updates throughout the proposal process.
- This role requires a great deal of attention to detail, particularly when reviewing large amounts of text and checking to ensure that published materials are free of errors and compliant.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; BA/BS preferred
- APMP Foundation Certification preferred
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Develop proposal plans including proposal schedule
- Work with the proposal team in developing proposal
- Coordinating resources, defining responsibilities and preparing responses to meet proposal deadlines
- Contribute significantly to proposal writing
- Develop proposal materials in support of multiple proposal efforts
- Develop proposal strategies and content
- Rewrite and strengthen proposal content
- Ensure all proposal information is
- Initiate proposal activities and to evaluate content for proposals
- Assist the bid/proposal team in developing a proposal structure
- Write technical sections of proposal
- Used in the proposal process
- Determine proposal requirements and coordinates with other departments for proposal input
- Participate in proposal team meetings
- Maintain, and enforce proposal style guides for proposal teams
- Develop proposals for business opportunities and respond to proposal requests
- Produce parts of the proposal content
- Manage and support proposal preparation
- Sourced from recent proposal submissions
- Extract content details and write proposal sections
- Copy Editing
- Proposal (Business)
- Proposal Writing