What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
Related BS and 8+ years of related experience, Active TS/SCI, Experience developing modeling, planning, or scheduling software in languages such as Java, C++, or Python.industry-standard ground systems such as ECLIPSE, OS/COMET, OASIS, or COSMOS
Senior Ground Software Engineer
The Engineering Capability Unit at Ball Aerospace is looking to expand our team with a talented and energetic software engineer to work on satellite ground system software delivering new capability to the industry. This position consists of working on a tightly integrated team in a fast-paced Agile environment to deliver continuous innovation to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop satellite command and control, mission planning, mission data processing and data analysis software systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Perform software lifecycle functions utilizing agile product development approaches; scrum, continuous integration, and continuous deploy.
- Mentor junior engineers and lead small teams, including decomposing and assigning tasks, reviewing work products, and tracking and reporting status.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience with satellite ground system development with a focus on distributed command and control (C2), data processing, or mission planning software.
- Experience developing modeling, planning, or scheduling software in languages such as Java, C++, or Python.
- Experience with industry-standard ground systems such as ECLIPSE, OS/COMET, OASIS, or COSMOS.
- Experience delivering high-reliability software in an agile, team-based environment with a strong CI/CD workflow.
- Leadership experience at the technical, team, and/or organizational levels.
- Additional experience helpful in one or more of the following technologies:
- Cloud development using AWS, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Web and REST service development using Spring, Jersey, Flask, CherryPy, or Ruby on Rails
- Java with JavaSpring Framework
- Back-end development using SQL and NoSQL databases, and JPA/ORM
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with GEO-INT Mission Tasking and Mission Planning