To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Johnstown, PA
- Phone:: 814-534-8196
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Atlantic Broadband • Johnstown, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Support growing commercial services sector for 2017.
- Position will be part of an on call rotation.
- Support Commercial phone trunk replacement product (SIP Trunking).
- Install and support hosted PBX customers
- Assist in Commercial Fiber Deployments
- Assist Network Engineers during optical, network and video upgrades.
- Support internal Atlantic Broadband IT and telephony office support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement and support business services team with hosted phone installations- customer interface from point of sale, survey and installation
- Participate with team to design and test hosted phone changes and additions to ensure very minimal disruption to the production system
- Troubleshoot and analyze hosted phone upgrades as well as during scheduled maintenance and basic troubleshooting
- Coordinate with network equipment vendors to ensure that all hardware and software currently implemented is up-to date and bug free
- Support office IT/phone needs in coordination with centralized help desk and IT team.
- As part of a team, design, scale, analyze and install SIP trunking, hosted PBX customers, assist with commercial fiber deployment and assist engineers during optical, network and video commercial upgrades.
- Technical knowledge preferable associated with phone systems, PC software, and back office connectivity
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two years college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of extensive of technical in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Back office enterprise network technologies preferable
- PBX phone system and SIP phone experience desirable
- Ability to perform clean cabling and professional installations a must
Other Skills and Abilities
· Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and company policies.
· Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft. high and 75 pounds).
· Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
· Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
· Ability to work in tight spaces be bending, reaching and/or twisting.
· Ability to operate appropriate test equipment associated with position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.