· Maintain world class safety practices
· Participate in cross functional team meetings to perform problem solving activities.
· Mechanical troubleshooting of production machining operations such as broaching, turning, spline rolling, gauging, washing, milling, drilling, grinding and other general machining operations.
· Assist with set-up and changeover of production equipment as necessary.
· Mechanical troubleshooting of automated material handling, conveyance devices and robotics.
· Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
· General machine rebuild skills required. (spindle rebuild, replace bearings, replace hydraulic/pneumatic lines etc.)
· Knowledge of tool room equipment operation such as Bridgeport, Engine Lathe, Surface Grinder etc.
· Ability to manufacture minor components in the tool room is preferred.
· Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing and/or cellular manufacturing is preferred.
· Knowledge of CNC control systems is a plus.
· G-Code programming knowledge is a plus.
· General welding skill is a plus.
· Basic knowledge and ability to use a personal computer.
· Minimal supervision required to make machine modifications after initial assignment and explanation of work required.
· Perform predictive and preventative maintenance.
· Perform other essential duties as assigned by management.
· Knowledge of industrial facility codes and practices.