Job Title: Tooling Manager
Reports To: Engineering Mgr.
Location: Chattanooga, TN area
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: full benefits package, incl. 401k
About our Client:
Our client, a leader in the packaging sector with both domestic and international facilities, is seeking a Tooling Manager to schedule the day-to-day tooling shop operations in East, Central and West facilities, in coordination w/ operations, scheduling and shift supervisors. The Tooling Manager will focus shall be repair and upkeep of the tooling and related support equipment. This position has the authority to supervise, delegate, advise, and coordinate the Tooling Shop staff. Responsibility includes achieving maximum runtime with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organization with TREMENDOUS career-path opportunities (over 1/3 of the client’s roles in 2018 were filled thru internal promotion).
· Direct the activities and assign troubleshooting tasks to minimize down time.
· To plan, supervise and assign the day-to-day activities of the tooling shops.
· Promote an environment of continuous improvement.
· Ensures that tooling maintenance performance is executed in a timely and cost-effective manner to maximize production.
· Maintains all equipment and sets recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements.
· Troubleshoot process and tooling as required and assigned.
· Assist in developing programs to train tooling shop personnel.
· Ensure that tool maintenance records and preventative records are maintained.
· Work closely with other departments on planning and coordinating activities to utilize downtime best.
· Ensure that machine/tool changeovers are performed at top efficiency and comply with OSHA regulations.
· Responsible for Product Security under the HACCP program:
· Manage special projects as assigned.
· Conduct tooling shop department employee evaluations with input from Shift Supervisors.
· Assist in repairs
· Work with outside vendors
· Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
· Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and productivity.
· Miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably industrial engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ten (10) or more years of experience in the field of Process/Tooling.
· Three (3) or more years of experience in a supervisory or management position
· Knowledge of human resources laws and regulations. Employee relation skills required.
· Experience in working with manufacturing-based technology required.
· Computer skills in Microsoft Word for Windows, EXCEL.
· General office skills.
· Written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Leadership and management skills.
· Professional working relationships with customers and employees.
· Dependability to execute goals and objectives.