To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Sales Account Executive
3PLRecruiters • Houston, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a mid-sized third-party logistics (3PL) company with an expanding freight brokerage business. It seeks to hire a Transportation Sales Account Executive with prior experience selling project logistics and truckload, especially specialized equipment, heavy-haul, and over-weight/ dimensional loads. This role is NOT responsible for customer service or operations, only outside sales. Our client handles a lot of inbound freight to the Port of Houston. Ideal candidates will have work experience in outside sales of trucking and 3PL transportation management services, as well as relationships with shippers and forwarders that use the Port of Houston.
Eligible candidates should possess a solid understanding of current market conditions, high awareness of shipper targets using Port of Houston, strong organizational skills, and a positive and engaging personality. The Account Executive should be experienced with using transportation management systems (TMS) and Microsoft Office. The company will not accept candidates that are bound by non-compete agreements from former employers or agencies. Our client offers a competitive base salary, commission structure, healthcare insurance, car allowance and phone and mileage reimbursement.
- Develop shipper targets for business development.
- Contact target shippers to request shipments and provide rate quotations.
- Meet with customers at their place of business.
- Work with multiple customer needs at the same time.
- Enter shipments in the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Request rate quotes with support from Operations.
- Monitor customer service delivery.
- Support Operations with confirmation and billing instructions.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability.
- At least 3 years of operational experience in trucking and/or freight brokerage.
- Motivation to self-manage and continuously contact shippers to provide quotations and service.
- Knowledge of freight brokerage, transportation modes, competitive rates and service requirements.
- Ability to negotiate rates, on-board customers and provide service.
- An understanding of current market conditions and rates for truckload, LTL and small packaging.
- Knowledge of major traffic lanes and competitive carrier rates.
- Prior experience in using transportation management systems (TMS).
- Highly organized and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within team setting.
- Strong communications skills with a positive and engaging personality.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- College degree preferred, but not required, especially in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.