Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with Weatherford on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
A Pipe Recovery Specialist maintains a high standard of efficiency and safety in the performance of basic pipe recovery operations. He/She will perform pipe recovery operations on drilling rigs and work over rigs, and use specific explosives and a variety of logging tools, e.g., free point tool, stuck pipe tool, noise temperature tool, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts the operation of a service unit to maintain a high standard of efficiency in the performance of basic pipe recovery operations
- Maintains intimate knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures relative to company equipment, tools, and practices to ensure maximum operating efficiency with a minimum of lost time
- Interprets job results for customer personnel and recommends service best suited to customer needs. Must have proficient knowledge of well conditions
- Maintains assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition
- Promptly and accurately submits all required data, reports, job tickets, and summaries
- Must be able to pre load a job with no supervision
- Supervise the rig up and rig down of Wireline equipment; keep all Wireline equipment cleaned and maintained; and supervise the repair and maintenance of the same
- Must be available to perform duties on short notice, day or night, as well as be available on a 24-hour call basis to respond to needs
- Directs all activities of an assigned crew
- Trains and develops assigned field crews by on-the-job training to maintain a high degree of field crew efficiency and to prepare personnel for advancement
- Correct obvious hazards or unsafe conditions and report those which cannot be immediately corrected to the District Manager
- Assignments must be carried out to the highest quality level
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Proficient in running and interpreting free point tool
- Able to back off casing, drill pipe tubing, and wash pipe
- Must be able to select the proper size string shot and put the correct amount of torque in the pipe
- Proficient in use of split shot, severance tools, and undersized tools
- Experience operating pipe and casing cutters, both chemical and jet
- Ability to calculate hydrostatic pressure, gradient temperature, and buoyancy
- Know what actions to take in an under balanced and over balanced situation
- Understand actions taken in different sticking situations, e.g., key seated, differential, under gauge hole, and mud stuck mechanical
- Knowledge of working top drive rigs
- Know how to repair and maintain associated equipment, i.e., swivels, valves, etc.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Long work hours
- Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change
- Exposure to explosives, high pressure bore environments, and ionizing radiation
- Minimum 5 years Pipe Recovery experience; 8 years oilfield is required
- Must have a CDL driver’s license with Hazmat endorsement
- Clean driving record and background is necessary; no felonies
- Written and oral communication skills
- Maintain neat and accurate paperwork
- Must have a general knowledge of electricity
- General computer skills
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)