Our 28 bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil each year. That’s a lot of product! In addition we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET bioprocessing to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility.
Our facilities operate continuously, so you will be leading a cross-functional team who performs shift work on a 24/7 basis. POET Bioprocessing facilities are highly integrated facilities which leverage industry-leading, proprietary technology to monitor and control the process of converting renewable resources to biofuel and other co-products. It is the General Manager’s responsibility to lead a team of approximately 40 team members in the daily operation of a bioprocessing facility. In addition to daily operations, the General Manager has the vital responsibility to train, grow, and develop a team of highly motivated individuals.
If you are an experienced leader interested in a challenging, fast-paced environment working for an industry-leading company where you enjoy solving problems and leading a team, then this opportunity may be the right fit for you.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE):
- Nothing else matters without a safe environment! You will foster a culture where safety is non-negotiable.
- Under your leadership, your team will have the autonomy to ensure a highly efficient operation which will maximize profitability while continuing to transform a cutting edge facility.
- You’ll build and maintain relationships with your ethanol and co-product marketing teams.
- With your guidance, team members will ensure regulatory compliance at all levels (BATF, OSHA, USDA, FDA, and state organizations).
- You’ll frequently connect with your team members to guide, coach, and develop them to meet their personal and professional goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to coordinate team members on bioprocessing capital projects.
- You’ll have the honor of partnering with community and political leaders to champion POET’s mission at the local and national level.
- Periodically, you’ll need to get out of the office to connect with local farmers and other key stakeholders in the industry.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill will be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- You are humble and value relationships, yet driven and highly energetic.
- You have grit, the ability to persevere and rally teams to achieve extraordinary results.
- You communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility
- You develop team members by encouraging individual initiative to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- You are comfortable with conflict and are able to navigate ambiguous situations.
- You can inspire and help people see the importance of what they are doing.
- You are a change agent.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET’s laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
POET BIOREFINING – Jewell, IA
POET Biorefining - Jewell, Iowa, consumes approximately 24 million bushels of locally-grown corn and produces more than 69 million gallons of ethanol annually. POET Biorefining - Jewell not only provides an environmentally-friendly fuel, but also a premium, high-quality Dakota Gold® brand livestock feed for regional, national and international markets.
Operation start-up began in March 2006. POET Biorefining - Jewell was built by Sioux Falls, SD-based POET Design & Construction, who began building ethanol plants in the 1980s.
WHY JEWELL, IA?
Centrally located in the heartland of Iowa, is the small, but growing community of Jewell. A town of friendly faces, industrious business owners, and community service volunteers contributes toward the economic growth and development of this blossoming “Gem in a Friendly Setting." Along with the emerging development of the city comes safe and affordable housing where rent is based on the individual’s income and allowable expenses. Join the community of Jewell today!
URL blocked - click to apply