The Production Manager oversees the management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
§ Member of management team supporting the development of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
§ Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards
§ Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material cost to meet annual budgetary plan
§ Formulates an recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operations.
§ Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
§ Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective actions as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
§ Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementations and maintenance of production standards
§ Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g. training, safety, cost reduction, security, etc.)
§ Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g. plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
§ Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, chemical or 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing management in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
- Experience in injection molding plastics preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing-based technology, process and principles is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and keep deadlines in a fast paced, growth oriented, dynamic work environment
- Strong financial, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and achieve business results through collaboration with finance, sales, operations, marketing and product development
- Effective written and verbal communication and skills.
- Unwavering personal and professional integrity, aligned with company culture and values.
- Results oriented with a high sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products – Word, Excel, etc.