Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains accounting records, balances accounts,
- Prepares reconciliations, prepares complex general journal entries, and assists in the preparation of financial statements and other reports.
- Maintains accounting records in a complex, computerized financial accounting system;
- Analyzes general ledger documents;
- Prepares adjusting/recurring journal entries as needed;
- Prepares monthly financial statement reports and other monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Balances subsidiary ledgers with general ledger;
- Prepares account reconciliation on an ongoing basis;
- Assists with the year-end financial audit;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum six (6) years directly relevant experience in accounting
A combination of experience/skills and education to fulfill the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position may be considered. Certificates/Licenses
- Possess and maintain a California driver's license, Class C, and a satisfactory driving record for the last five years.
- Maintain compliance with the District's policy regarding Conflict of Interest and Ethics.
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to apply generally accepted accounting and auditing principles.
- Knowledge of account classification and financial control theory and the ability to apply the principles of materiality.
- Able to read and understand technical material, government regulations, legal documents, and/or complex work instructions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task, and organize work flow so as to deliver high-quality products within established deadlines.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills to deal effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze routine and non-routine financial situations, solve problems and present alternatives, including skill in preparing and analyzing complex financial reports.
- Demonstrated above-average proficiency in computer software programs, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as JD Edwards.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must possess the ability to use the phone and computer for extended periods, manual dexterity to complete clerical functions and work with office equipment, and lift equipment up to 25 pounds on a daily basis. The employee must be able to hear, see, and communicate verbally to exchange information. The employee must be able to physically travel between District locations and other destinations, work in evenings when required, work in hazardous conditions, and negotiate a variety of different and irregular terrain as is typical along a railway right of way. The employee may be subject to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals. The employee must be able to walk, climb, balance, bend, carry, push, reach, sit, and stand.
Machines / Tools / Equipment
- Ability to operate a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including a fax and scanner machine, copy machine, and telephone.
- Ability to carry and operate a mobile on-call device.
All applicants must complete and submit an online application at URL blocked - click to apply
. A job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Salary based upon experience, not to exceed midpoint of stated range. NCTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.