SUMMARY: An publicly held Houston company is seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer to join their team to oversee the IT security activities including vulnerability assessment, design, access, authentication as well as to develop secure solutions for new products, architectures and solutions.
You will report to the Director of Security and provide hands on management and delivery of IT security solutions. You will resolve issues, work with 3rd party’s for optimization and utilization of various tools as well as work with the Director of Security for future needs and tools. Security certifications are beneficial but not required. This is a new position within the organization with strong opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Preferred hands on experienced working with the following tools is desired as key tools utilized for security threat awareness and management:
- Palo Alto firewall
- Splunk for logging
- Cylance for antivirus
- Proofpoint for email
- Tenable Security Center / Nexus for vulnerability
- SecureAuth for verification
- 5-10 years related experience in cyber security.
- Experience with network infrastructure devices and equipment from vendors such as Palo Alto, Tenable, SecureAuth, Proofpoint, Cylance, Splunk, Dell, VMWare, Intel servers, Oracle, Linux/Unix etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Network applications and services expertise in the network infrastructure equipment, secure configurations, and the common types of threats or attacks against the network devices, as well as mitigation strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related discipline
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure