To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
- Katie Malagari
- Phone: (410) 480-8002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Manager
RealStreet • Columbia, MD
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Project Manager (Construction) with one of our top clients. As a Senior Project Manager (Construction), you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contracting firm.
The Senior Project Manager (Construction) position is based in Columbia, Maryland supporting our client. The Senior Project Manager (Construction) will be managing between 2 and 3 projects at any one time and will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities from concept through completion, to include:
- Managing the pre-construction and construction of multimillion-dollar commercial construction projects
- Interfacing with owners, design teams, consultants, subcontractors and field managers
- Managing 2 – 3 projects simultaneously while maintaining contact with existing clients and performing bidding and pre-construction activities for future opportunities
- Developing construction bids estimates, developing scopes of work for all trades, and formulating and presenting questions (RFIs) to the owner or design team
- Analyzing subcontractor bids, compiling information, creating a General Condition estimate, formulating qualifications and finalizing a proposal
- Managing project finances, predicting profit results, organizing data, satisfying reporting requirements and utilizing one of the standard construction accounting platforms
- Negotiating contracts to conclusion with oversight by an owner of the firm
- Creating multi-task schedules using standard scheduling software platforms
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with other construction and real estate professionals with a focus on creating business opportunities
- Identifying, soliciting, reviewing and editing project submittal data to assure conformance with project documents
- Managing finances, and reviewing and approving subcontractor requisitions and material invoices for payment
Specific qualifications for the Senior Project Manager (Construction) role include:
- B.S. Degree or higher, preferably in construction management, engineering or similar applicable discipline
- 15 years minimum total construction experience with at least 10 years of commercial construction as a project manager
- Experience managing pre-construction and construction of multimillion-dollar commercial construction projects
- Must have experience managing 2-3 projects simultaneously while maintaining contact with existing clients
- Ability to develop construction bid estimates and scopes of work and to present questions (RFIs) to the owner or design team
- Ability to manage project finances, accurately predict profit results, organize data, satisfy reporting requirements and utilize one of the standard construction accounting platforms
- Experience with Timberline, Primavera and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Proven ability to understand CPM schedule logic and create multi-task schedules using one of the standard scheduling software platforms
- Experience with AIA contracts and ability to negotiate them to conclusion
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!