· Any and all state and local age and licensing requirements must be met prior to operating and handling any hand or power tools, torches, chemicals, etc.
· A working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry is needed, and formal training in at least one of these disciplines is preferred.
· Must be comfortable with hand and power tools, painting, minor plumbing, and some electrical work.
· Ability to carry and move fifty (50) pounds or more throughout the property, including up and down stairways.
· Must be capable of walking, including stairs climbing, ladder climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting.
· Must be computer knowledgeable.
· Ability to stand the entire shift, long hours sometimes required.
· Must be fluent in English.
· One-year previous hotel (or like) experience preferred, but not required
· High school degree or equivalent required
· Universal Certification required
· FLSD Certification preferred or must be able to complete the requirements to obtain the FLSD within the first 6-8 months of employment
Hours of position:
This is a full-time position which requires OPEN AVAILABILITY including working overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
This candidate must be able to work ALL shifts including weekends and holidays.
ARCHER Manhattan is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 900+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.