To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Niles, IL
- Hayley Kancius
- Phone: 630-590-6502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Manager
Johnson Service Group • Niles, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Johnson Service Group is currently searching for Quality Assurance Manager to work for a food manufacturing and food packaging client in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary with full benefits and is bonus eligible. Please see below for further details:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Development, enhancement, implementation, and drafting of all food safety and quality system policies and procedures.
- Full engagement of day to day activities in the plant, including but not limited to scheduling of staffing, coverage for a 24/7 plant operation, problem solving, etc.
- Departmental staffing which includes the hiring and dismissal of associates.
- HACCP leader of multi-disciplinary team to maintain current plans, revise existing, and improve based on industry development.
- Provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming goods but utilizing internal resources for safe quality outcome.
- Oversight to customer complaints and provide corrective action or root cause analysis for any non-conformities outside of documented specifications.
- Engagement in all GFSI, customer or regulatory visits/audits.
- Liaison for customer requests, complaints, questionnaires, and audits.
- Manage budgetary goals established for fiscal year. Ensures departments stay on target for the approved budget.
- Coordinate any contracted services for the department, laboratories, PCO, etc.
- Assist in mock recalls on an as needed basis.
- Cover for QA staff and assist in departmental activities as needed.
- Participate in quality training for the department including but not limited to allergen control, GMP, metal detection, etc.
- Coordinate with engineering review of equipment, and policy related to projects and contractor activity.
- Walk the facility on a daily basis to ensure adherence to FSQP.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in quality role in food manufacturing environment. Previous management or supervisory experience is a must.
- PCQI Certification
- BS in food related discipline, such as food science, or a degree in biological sciences, nutrition, or related field required, or else equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- SQF practitioner.
- Excellent knowledge of regulations and requirements (FDA/GFSI/FSMA)
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company.
- Advanced knowledge in accordance with food safety and personal safety policies.
- Ability to solve or seek out answers in order to provide guidance on quality and food safety matters.
- Identification and resolution to food safety/quality issues.