The Store Associate is responsible for providing customers with a leading shopping experience, while
consistently meeting the store’s sales goals by performing the following main duties:
▪ Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and service.
▪ Actively welcomes, seeks out, and engages customers within the store.
▪ Assess customers needs and provides assistance and information on product features.
▪ Responsible for achieving personal sales goals.
▪ Prioritizes time to achieve individual and team tasks to be completed.
▪ Uses resources in a conscientious and effective manner.
▪ Stays up-to-date on and remains knowledgeable on products offered.
▪ Maintain store’s visual appearance in high standards.
▪ Promoting customer loyalty plans
▪ Maintains company standards regarding personal sales metrics.
▪ Performs cashiering, stockroom upkeep and store upkeep as needed.
▪ Additional responsibilities such as key carrying for opening and closing store procedures,
including cash reconciliation, banking, reporting, and security as required.
▪ Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
▪ Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience 0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Communication Skills Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to analyze results at a micro and macro level and present findings. Makes routine decisions following established policies and procedures; collaborates with manager to gain assistance when complex issues arise. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Individual must be 18 years of age or older. The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations may be made as related to an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
● Requires a weekly availability which meets the needs of the business, which includes mornings, days, and nights. ● Requires availability on weekends and holidays ● Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position. ● Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff. ● Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Requires standing approximately 4 – 12 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week. ▪ During peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 4 – 14 hour day. ▪ Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks. ▪ May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale. ▪ Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher. ▪ Must have good vision, including color differentiation. ▪ The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting. The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.