We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
The Respiratory Therapist delivers quality Pulmonary Rehabilitative services for patients, caregivers, and facilities to optimize clinical outcomes in accordance with principles and practices of respiratory therapy and with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates, assesses, and determines realistic patient goals relating to pulmonary rehabilitative services.
- Coordinates and develops individualized plans of care for patients in collaboration with other members of the rehabilitative team. Accurately document progress toward identified objectives.
- Communicates the patient’s functional status and needs to the patient, caregivers, and other professionals as appropriate.
- Complies with Minimum Data Set (MDS) procedures and effective care plans.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner including outcomes data.
- Supports patient learning skills and techniques utilized in protocols, and monitors patient and family needs.
- Acts as a resource to other healthcare professionals regarding Pulmonary Rehabilitative procedures and the appropriate utilization of various services provided.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and helpful interaction patterns with facility staff, patients, and other caregivers, which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a caring, problem-solving approach. Provides direct patient care and conducts patient training sessions.
- Actively integrates therapy’s role into facility and interdisciplinary treatment teams.
- Maintains positive communications and enhances relations with all internal and external customers.
- Adheres to state regulations concerning the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Contributes to facility patient care, utilization review, case management, administrative staff/department head, and care conference activities/communications.
- Serves as a consultant to therapy staff and nursing staff. Provides in-services as requested.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with other healthcare professionals and colleagues making appropriate referrals to other members of the rehabilitation team.
- Initiates department emergency procedures as necessary.
- Adheres to established-company and facility policies and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection control and emergency situations; and the patient’s Bill of Rights.
- Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in collection of all necessary data for rehabilitation services.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Room for Advancement
Year End Bonus
Verizon and Sprint Cell Phone Discount
Must be available to work varying hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum of current BLS certification, ACLS certification preferred.
Graduate of an CoARC (Committee on the Accreditation of Respiratory Care) accredited school of therapy program.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
Valid State license.