Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
• Basic organic synthesis skills
• Ability to follow established reaction protocols and standard processes
• Practice in using rotary evaporator
• Basic experience with UV/Vis and/or fluorescence spectroscopy
• Experience operating FPLC/HPLC/GPC equipment using established protocols preferred
• Documentation in lab notebooks, checklists and basic databases
Additional Laboratory Skills:
• Labeling and packaging
• Familiarity with separation/purification methods is a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Works in a team based environment
• Multi-task to cover a variety of job functions
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to maintain neat, accurate and complete notebook and batch records
• Ability to independently perform and analyze data and identify issues in routine tests
• Familiarity with operation of routine laboratory instruments and applicable software
Education and Experience:
• Typically requires BS in Chemistry or similar Life Science discipline
• Typically requires minimum of 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting
• Perform a variety of polymer processing, purification and characterization steps to support the generation of new polymer materials
• Purify aqueous polymers using common biochemistry techniques (filtration, SEC, etc.)
• Remove solvent via rotary evaporation and/or lyophilization
• Characterize polymer size by GPC/SEC chromatography using established standard processes
• Perform small scale dye labeling reactions according to established standard processes
• Perform established reactions to convert/activate functional groups on final polymers
• Optical characterization of the polymer dyes including measurement of absorbance and fluorescence emission spectra.
• Prepare outgoing materials and supporting (QC) documentation
• Provide assistance as needed to maintain functioning laboratory; including glassware cleaning, material ordering, inventory control and other duties.
• Support documentation of R&D results in company databases
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Tech Mahindra represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise™. We are a USD 4.0 billion company with 107,100+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. Our innovation platforms and reusable assets connect across a number of technologies to deliver tangible business value to our stakeholders. Tech Mahindra is also amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2015 List.
View the full profile
We are part of the USD 16.9 billion Mahindra Group that employs more than 200,000 people in over 100 countries. The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, after-market and vacation ownership.