To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3805 Hendricks Road
Youngstown, OH 44515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
Hynes Industries • Youngstown, OH
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resource Generalist performs duties in the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, training, benefits management, and payroll. This position requires a perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Generalist must be sensitive to both employee goodwill and needs of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides internal customer service by responding to employee requests and questions; serves as employee advocate
• Supports manager/supervisors in monitoring tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
• Assists management with performance concerns, disciplinary action
• Guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
• Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action
• Coordinates preparation and maintenance of position descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance, and facilitates job evaluations
• Conducts recruitment effort for regular and temporary employees; posts open positions; schedules and facilitates the screening, interview, and selection process; administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks
• Maintains relationships with schools, associations and other recruiters
• Represents the organization at selected job fairs
• Conducts new-employee orientation
• Distributes and monitors completion of employee performance evaluations
• Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes
• Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
• Maintains roster of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment
• Coordinates employee leave administration in accordance with Company policy and the FMLA
• Facilitates COBRA process for group health plans
Recordkeeping, Reporting, and Compliance
• Updates HRIS database records and processes paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes
• Maintains all employee and applicant documentation
• Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits
• Monitors employee schedules, reported work hours, vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to ensure adherence to policy and accurate payroll processing. Processes and distributes reports of same
• Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner; attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
• Files EEO-1 report annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
• Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases
• Serves as primary back-up for Payroll Specialist
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
• Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or relevant field; equivalent years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
· Experience in the administration of recruiting, employee relations, benefits, payroll, and other human resource programs required; minimum of 3 years as an HR Generalist highly preferred
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) as an administrator or practitioner
· Professional HR certification a plus
· Experience in a unionized industrial setting a plus
· Ethical Practice
· MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook proficiency
· Problem Resolution
· Relationship Management
· Verbal, Written, and Interpersonal Communication