Job Summary: The Merchandise Manager/Specialist plays the critical role of ensuring that the store’s merchandise presentation and inventory management achieve company standards. This role serves as a member of the store’s leadership team and is responsible for the store’s overall operation. The Merchandise Manager/Specialist will be involved in delivering company standards related to product presentation and customer service expectations. As a leader and coach, this role will direct and motivate the store’s team members to deliver top results.
The Manager/Specialist designation is determined by the complexity of the individual store.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of store merchandise and presentation standards, including;
- Merchandise store to company Plan-O-Gram direction
- Coordinate store signage and pricing (labels)
- Direct store freight flow and receiving processes/procedures
- Coordinate stockroom organization, including EOS packaway
- Performa top stock management for inventory replenishment
- Address sales floor inventory levels through cycle counts
- Coordinate merchandise transfers, damages/RTVs/Recalls
- Merchandise instore merchandising to address NOP and maximize presentation
- Serve as a member of the store’s leadership team and perform general operations responsibilities, including;
- Store opening and closing procedures; performs director on duty (DOD) responsibilities as required
- Scheduling of store staff to maximize productivity
- Ensure accuracy of Associate time records
- Recruiting and interviewing perspective store Associates
- Lead new hire onboarding and ongoing associate training and development activities
- Guide Associate performance including performance feedback, coaching and appraisals
- Support the operation of the store’s front end including authorizes register functions (post voids, returns and associate discounts POS overrides/returns,) queue management and balloon execution
- Coordinate completion of company directed operations tasks (app task sign off)
- General supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room etc.
- Role models customer service expectations through personal contact with customers
- Reviews and understands financial data to support driving profitable sales and decision making
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods and ensures store compliance to audit/safety standards
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, based on store needs.
The Merchandise Manager/Specialist reports to the store’s General Manager.
- Lift, push, and pull 25 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing for long periods throughout
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years of prior supervisory
experience in retail preferred
- For Specialist, 1 – 3 years of prior
supervisory experience in retail preferred
- For Manager, Minimum 3-5 years of
management experience in retail preferred
- Previous experience with merchandising
or inventory management preferred
General Line Of Merchandise