Cost & Inventory Accountant
Tier II Automotive supplier that ships components all over the United States and exports to several countries. We are a fast paced, growing company with lots of opportunity for growth. We are looking for a detail-oriented, reliable, responsible cost and inventory accountant to add to our team.
Cost and Inventory Accountant Job Summary:
This position reports to the operations manager and is responsible for the accuracy and value of our inventory throughout the entire process. This includes responsibility for ensuring sound inventory practices and support to the operations team in performance of these practices.
Cost and Inventory Accountant Essential Functions:
· Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture and communicate effectively with employees, vendors, and customers
· Become a partner with plant management to support accurate and timely product costing and inventory management
· Perform analytical procedures to identify trends, errors, and opportunities for improvement in the usage of inventory
· Develop a thorough comprehension of product cost flows and possess a strong ability to identify problems, establish facts, and present solutions
· Analyze plant performance on a daily/monthly basis and provide performance reports
· Assist in the physical inventory process, reconcile physical inventory versus the general ledger, investigate material variances, and propose adjustments as needed
· Prepare and review inventory reports and reconciliations throughout the month to assist in properly managing the inventory
· Work with operations to plan allocations of inventory and appropriate locations for inventory prior to physical receipt
· Other projects as assigned
Cost and Inventory Accountant Requirements
· BA or BS in accounting or finance
· Analytical thinker with excellent focus on detail and providing accurate, timely information.
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and stay organized
We offer a competitive salary, a flexible work schedule, and a casual office environment.
Attention To Detail