To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4000 Central Florida Boulevard
Alafaya, FL 32826
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
University of Central Florida • Alafaya, FL
Posted 25 days ago
At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
The Environmental Health & Safety Department is seeking a well qualified candidate to fill the role of Senior Engineer. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Responds to emergency events and acts as lead safety liaison providing technical expertise and support to emergency responders and incident command. Must maintain a strong knowledge of campus facilities and operations to provide information as needed on scene. Maintains a laptop with crucial site information for emergency responders. Documents events with written reports and provides the department with feedback on the event and how to prevent re-occurrence or improve operations when applicable. Reviews the campus site for fire department access and coordinates and hosts local responder reviews of campus facilities and construction sites to facilitate emergency response. This includes document plan review of new project sites for fire safety features and responder access. Coordinates access box key installation and maintains inventory.
- Reviews departmental fire plans and works with representatives to ensure they are comprehensive of the necessary features for the target facility or operation. Schedules, executes, and evaluates drills for performance. Provides feedback, attends meetings, and works with departmental representatives to improve response.
Assists in creating safety teams.
- Develops and delivers fire safety training and supports other EH&S team members in providing general safety training on topics such as CPR, HAZMAT, and First Aid training. Must maintain certifications to be an authorized instructor where required for the topics indicated.
- Manages the campus fire extinguisher maintenance program and budget. Provides direction for efficient placement during construction review and periodically reviews campus coverage for the best use of resources.
- Assists the department in developing guidelines, issuing permits, and general facility reviews for safety compliance. Reviews documents and submittals for Tents and Temporary Structures, Hot Works permits, and similar activities and performs site inspections for compliance. Reviews SAFE forms for conformity with general safety guidelines and attends event meetings. Updates and creates applicable departmental documents to support program functions.
- Maintains the campus hot works program. Works with requesters to develop new programs as needed and provides annual review for designated locations. Reviews hot work permit applications for ongoing maintenance and repair work as requested by contractors and facilities. Ensures sites are routinely inspected for continued compliance. Maintains records of all approved permitted areas and periodically reviews locations for continued compliance.
- Supervises the Senior Health & Safety Specialist Positions.
- Periodically reviews documents on proposed processes and research renovations for safety compliance. Attends meetings to review the proposed activities. Maintains a strong knowledge of campus facilities to enable a smooth and efficient inspection process. Reviews spaces for general fire safety compliance and serves as an outreach to campus departments explaining fire safety concepts, violation corrections, and best practices. Participates in team style EH&S multidiscipline inspections to further the University’s research objectives. Assists in facilitating State Fire Marshal inspections and follow up on fire safety issues as assigned by the fire safety coordinator.
- Develops and implements fire protection programs and procedures to ensure employee, student and faculty safety.
- Provides support in the management of the inspection, permitting, and technical counsel areas of the fire safety program.
- Assists in maintaining department records, files, and databases.
- Provide support for special events, gamedays, and emergencies during regular and non-regular work hours.
- Supports the department with other EH&S duties as assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis without payment of tuition.
For additional information, please reference the following link: hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance/
Annual Salary:$48,343.05 to Negotiable
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. If minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on the application.
Preferences:-Experience in a university setting.
-Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked environment.
-Ability to work independently and as a team member.
-Extensive computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
-Ability to inspect and identify fire safety compliance related items and systems
-Demonstrates an ability to work well with a diverse employee and user community, and works within a collegiate environment; strong analytical and decision making skills; excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and works effectively with professional colleagues.
-Environmental Health and Safety employees are designated essential personnel and are expected to respond, as directed by their supervisor, to emergency or operational situations.
-Effectively deliver fire safety training at a collegiate level.
-Possesses a general knowledge of fire safety systems, equipment, fire extinguishers and general overall building maintenance concepts.
This position title may change based on a classification and compensation study UCF is currently conducting. The title of this position may be impacted.
Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License
Must have Current State of Florida Fire Inspector I Certification, CPR, First Aid, and HAZMAT Instructor Certification
This position does not require college credits. If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official college transcript must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Please Note: Applicants MUST apply through www.jobswithucf.com. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this Staff position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through the www.jobswithucf.com website.
Your assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan implementation is appreciated. The University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic information will be used only for affirmative action.
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and affirmative action employer.