To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA 23320
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Administrative Assistant
Priority Staffing Services • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GREAT TEMPORARY OPPORTUNITY
CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - NEEDED ASAP
Summary of Position (Job Purpose) - Major purpose and functions of the position.
Position supports construction project managers by providing word-processing, clerical and order processing services for construction projects. This position will serve as the first line of communication for the contractors and vendors in the field with regards to delivery dates and responses to traffic/delivery issues. Position will interact with vendors, contractors and client field personnel on a regular basis. Performs specialized task assignments on an as needed basis. The ability to deal with many types of individual personalities, needs, and requests, while maintaining a professional attitude is a key to succeeding in this role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities - Primary responsibilities listed in order of importance
- Support project managers by providing clerical and order processing support for construction projects.
- Communicate with contractors and vendors in the field regarding delivery dates and response to traffic/delivery issues.
- Interact with vendors, contractors and client personnel.
- Communicate with Construction Project Managers regarding issues that affect Construction timetable.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks to help ensure completion of projects and support Store Design and Construction Department as needed
- Perform support for system process for General Contractor bidding (bid variance reports)
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications - Summary of knowledge, experience and education required.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Minimum required typing speed of 45 wpm
- Extensive experience in word-processing, spreadsheet and web-based software applications
- Strong business writing skills, [efficient] effective communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a strong team environment
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize projects
- Must have the ability to recognize the need for action and quickly arrive at accurate decisions
Desired Qualifications - Desired but not required.
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Construction type clerical background