To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9642 Burke Lake Road
Burke, VA 22015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Life Enrichment Assistant
Retirement Unlimited • Burke, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Heatherwood Retirement and Assisted Living Community has a full-time position available for a Life Enrichment Assistant. The Life Enrichment Assistant implements the community’s Life Enrichment activities and events for Independent/Assisted Living and for RUI’s Memory Care program (Inspiritás) under the direction of the Life Enrichment Director (LED) or assignment from Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC).
At Heatherwood we offer a competitive rate of pay and benefits including medical, dental, 401K and life insurance.
Maintains a working knowledge of all RUI policies and procedures pertaining to the position, the department, and the personnel.
Implements a varied and innovative Life Enrichment program to enhance the emotional, social, physical, spiritual, and intellectual well-being of the residents.
Leads and assists resident activities as requested with minimal supervision.
Assists residents as necessary when going to and from activities.
Organizes, coordinates, and accompanies residents on special outings as necessary.
Helps maintain equipment as necessary.
Drives the community van as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and related work experience.
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of dementia and related disorders and competency in service delivery to residents (for Inspiritás only)
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing, follow instructions and direction, interact with residents of varying backgrounds and abilities, remain cheerful and calm under stressful situations, and work as a team member.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and exert up to 25 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Must have safe driving record. A copy of Division of Motor Vehicle Driving Record must be given to the Administrator.
- Preferably should have, or be eligible for, a Virginia Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have strong customer service and hospitality skills as it relates to both residents and their families.