To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Beaumont/ Port Arthur, TX area, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Process Control Engineer
Meador Staffing Services • Beaumont/ Port Arthur, TX area, TX
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With this leader in their industry in the Beaumont/ Port Arthur area you will play a key part in growth projects involving automation and safety systems, mostly using Foxboro IA. In this you must possess a comprehensive proficiency for developing, defining and implementing instrumentation and control strategies around automation and safety systems. You should be able to confront challenges and carefully determine a thoughtful plan for resolution and manage the necessary change process, plus must have a balance of hands-on engineering skills and an ability to think strategically using leadership & delegation skills where necessary.
You should possess the following skills:
* Be responsible for working with outside vendor to define, develop, engineer and implement the project and scope of work established in alignment with project goals and objectives.
* Be focused and possess a high level of technical accuracy and a deep understanding of process knowledge (distillation, pump/compressor, etc.).
* Have the ability to collaborate with a team that will implement and maintain process controls in a safe, reliable, and economical operation.
* Assimilate quickly and begin delivering results in an expedient manner.
* Be able to develop an awareness of operational history recognizing the value of information sharing and knowledge transfer.
Some of your responsibilities will include the following:
* Technology Planning and Development of Engineering Standards and Work Processes to ensure ROI on Projects and maximize Reliability and Maintainability.
* Be the Technical Leader for internal and/or external teams to implement Projects of varying size and complexity.
* Process automation expert in multiple areas/plants, particularly in problem solving and troubleshooting.
* Display an expert level of understanding of plant operations, maintenance and engineering principles as they relate to the facility.
* Participate in PHA’s, PSSR’s, incident investigations and unit troubleshooting.
* Familiar with commercial aspects of control system upgrades and service contracts.
* Familiar with government agencies such as ERCOT, FERC, TCEQ, DHL, and OSHA and be familiar with regulations at an intermediate level.
* Take an active role with process automation industry trade groups to gain best practice guidance.
* Display expert knowledge of process control principles and use them to assess/support area/plant automation performance.
* Display expert knowledge of the process control system and provide backup to process automation specialists in maintaining and upgrading the system.
* Serve as team leader.
* Have strong understanding of process control performance on company profitability and be able to communicate that message across all parts of the organization.
* Complete project scopes to hand off to capital for estimating. This includes P&ID markup, PFD development, writing the process description.
* Initiate AFEs and lead follow-through on driving that AFE to completion.
* Knowledge of entire plant trains and impacts of proposed changes on other areas of the plant.
* BS in chemical or electrical engineering
* Project experience and 10 years of process control experience within the process industry.
* Extensive DCS (or BPCS) experience/ proficiency. Foxboro a MUST.
* Strong skills in verbal communication and interpersonal activity that compliments a productive team work environment, as well as leadership capabilities.
* Configuration and graphics experience with any of the following: Foxboro, Delta V, Yokogawa, and/or Honeywell is a plus.
* Experience in Control Design of chemical process units.
* Experience in PHA and LOPA. Understanding of the Safety Lifecycle as it relates to Safety Integrated Systems (SIS).
* Able to design and implement basic and advanced control schemes as well as complex sequence logic.
* Process experience in petrochemical plant.
* Project technical leadership experience; as a subject matter expert and/or lead engineer.