Do you have it in your genes to chase excellence in supplier performance? Are you part explorer, part detective, part data analyst, part coach and part negotiator? If this sounds like you, this may be the fit for your next career move. Our privately-owned Webster, WI client that been recognized as a leader in the industrial motion control marker is looking to add a Supply Manager to its Purchasing Team.
Position – Supply Manager
Job Location – Webster, WI
Starting Date – As soon as possible
Employment Term – Direct Hire
Employment Type – Full-Time
Work Hours (Shift) – 1st Shift
Starting Pay – $80k to $100k/year, depending on experience
Benefits – Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(K), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Referral Bonus
Required Education – High School Diploma/GED
Required Experience – BS Degree in Business, Engineering or Management along with 5-8 years of purchasing in manufacturing environment and equivalent
In the Supply Manager role, you will improve and manage supplier relationships, utilize project management skills to aid in supply management activities while developing and driving key continuous improvement projects/initiatives with a primary focus of cost, quality, lead-time and process improvements.
- Involved in daily production meetings to support manufacturing’s mission of prompt delivery of quality product to the customer
- Utilize the business software to create, analyze and adjust supplier
- Negotiate agreements that produce cost savings
- Support Engineering and plant personnel of new and existing products, along with auditing supplier performance
- Key player in the development and setting of product standard cost and ongoing monitoring of supply chain performance
- Excellent computer skills and navigating business operating software, database fundamentals, report writing and data analysis
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or Management along with 5-8 years of purchasing in
manufacturing environment and equivalent
- Read technical drawings
- Effective computer skills, excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Ability to manager multiple projects and demands
- ISM and APICS Certification Preferred
- Passion for your craft and be a self-starter
- Effective communication and listening skills
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Kelly at 715-381-7336 or apply online at www.seekcareers.com.
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success®. You’ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: supply management, purchasing manager, casting, engineer, business management, purchaser, first shift, full time, manufacturing, veteran, veterans
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process