As a Field Service Technician with Life Fitness, you will travel to commercial and consumer customer locations (e.g. Athletic complexes, academic institutions, etc.) To assist with installations, make repairs, and conduct preventative maintenance on our fitness equipment to ensure product performance.
Check out this video job descriptionfor a peek into what a day in the life of a Field Service Technician looks like as a part of this dynamic Life Fitness team.
Our Field Service Technicians enjoy benefits including:
- Competitive base salary + quarterly performance-based monetary incentives + commission
- Comprehensive, competitive health & welfare benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, etc.)
- Competitive company-matched 401K and profit sharing program
- Tuition reimbursement & more!
***Remote, territory-based opportunity. In order to effectively service customers in the region, applicants must live within Los Angeles County or be willing to move to area.
As a Field Service Technician at Life Fitness you will be responsible for:
Repair & Maintenance
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, or networking issues with strength and cardio equipment; assessing the extent of the problem to determine if the best course of action is product repair, part replacement, and / or recommending product replacement
- Efficiently routing and scheduling work to service the customer and meet Key Performance Indicators (kpis), such as tasks per day, customer resolution time, first time fix rate, etc.; traveling to locations within territory to install, repair, maintain or refurbish company products at customer facilities and trade shows
- Conducting training service programs in the operation and maintenance of products and performing demonstrations as requested
- Installing products and providing operation and maintenance training to customers and assistance to authorized servicers in product training, repairs, installations, and maintenance methods
- Refurbishing or reconditioning used equipment for resale and preparing equipment for shipping.
- Attending regional trade shows and assisting trade show team with setting up and maintaining demonstration equipment
Customer Experience & Sales
- Marketing service and selling extended maintenance contracts to existing customers
- Meeting and exceeding customer experience measurements such as customer response time, average on-site response time, and acceptable call completion rate percentages
Administrative, Financial & Budgetary
- Maintaining inventory of parts within defined acceptable shrinkage percentages. Managing replenishment of service inventory. Coordinating the disposition of exchanged parts
- Meeting revenue and profit generation expectations such as, monthly volume of service contracts, minimum time and material revenue, and average monthly income
- Maintaining accurate service records (i.e. Collecting data for engineers, logging customer site visits, maintenance reports, installation reports, technical alert reports, time, materials reports, warranty/service contract work reports, etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Understanding and appreciation for the importance of safety and compliance with safety-related processes, procedures, and initiatives
What are we looking for in you (Minimum Qualifications)?
- Associate's degree OR a high school diploma / GED with equivalent technical training and 3+ years of professional experience in a related field
- Demonstrated ability and skill to assess, troubleshoot, and, with limited supervision, make accurate decisions on proper course of action, when resolving customer issues
- Strong competency in electro-mechanical (electrical, electronics, mechanical) and networking technologies; Strong working knowledge of power electronics, digital / analog circuits, AC / DC power systems, hardware, and associated test equipment
- The ability to adapt quickly, multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, and operate remotely from the main office, with limited supervision
- Action Oriented – takes on opportunities, and challenges with a sense of urgency
- Strong Customer Focus – builds strong relationships, and delivers customer-centric service.
- Plans and aligns work to meet commitments that are properly aligned with organizational goals.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to interface with both internal, and external customers in a positive, highly professional manner
- PC proficient and competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); previous experience with Oracle or another comparable ERP preferred
- A positive, proactive, and helpful attitude with a collaborative style and proven ability to be a good team-player
- A desire to complete tasks with urgency and accuracy with a desire to learn and grow within an organization
- Strong problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail / accuracy with a strong ability to recognize parts and part numbers
- Reliability and dependability
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 85% of time via automobile (and occasionally via airplane)
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted state driver's license, a clean driving record, and successfully complete a background verification, drug screening, and motor vehicle record check
- Previous professional experience providing technical repair services or troubleshooting issues with electro-mechanical equipment
- Experience in effectively and efficiently managing accounts within a defined territory