This Direct Hire Operation Manager position is in a Metal Fabrication environment working with steel products in a Mining Industry. Our client is willing to pay for relocation for the right candidate. the company also provides Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday and Vacation pay. Must have a background in this industry.
Summary of Qualifications:
Plans and manages the overall production and operation activities of the plant. Responsible for production schedules and performance standards for measuring progress. Monitors daily operations to identify and resolve problem areas relating to staﬃng, scheduling, tooling, safety, quality and production line arrangement.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads and promotes the company’s mission and strategic vision. Visible management team that is engaged on the shop ﬂoor. Instill discipline in the daily shop operations.
- Lead the Safety Committee meetings and ensure daily safety check completion. Monitor progress and clear any organizational barriers that may prevent achieving goal zero recordable injuries. Establish and enforce safety environment with clear roles and responsibilities, and regularly monitor performance using Safety Reviews.
- Work to eliminate quality concerns through the use of fast response teams and show continued improvement in cost of quality metrics. Meet with team members regularly to communicate current ﬁndings and work together on solutions.
- Responsible to assure customer satisfaction needs are meet - lead me, on-me delivery, quality of product. Communicate roadblocks early in the process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for plant ﬁnancial performance. Lead reductions in OT levels, increase plant throughput, and spending controls (machine repair/supplies/consumables).
- Responsible to assure proper manpower levels are in place to support demand.
- Responsible for reducing costs through lean and 6 Sigma programs.
*This position is directly responsible for leading operational staﬀ that includes hourly and salary employees.
**Travel as needed to implement strategic initiatives, less than 15%.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional oﬃce environment and sometimes requires exposure to manufacturing operations, including customer locations that may be exposed to outdoor elements as well as heavy machinery.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management/operational experience required.
- Fabrication or machining experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of functional/major business segment, with broad understanding of overall business objectives.
- Signiﬁcant skills in translating strategy into tactical plans.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to inﬂuence others.
- Ability to build rapport, and open doors of senior decision makers.
- Ability to coach sales reps to higher performance.
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, inﬂuence others, and drive solutions.
- Must be energetic, professionally ambitious, have a sense of urgency and accountability.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Supply Chain Management