Plans, develops, maintains and supports information technology systems and operations.
UCF IT is seeking an Applications Programmer II. This position is responsible for integrating applications and systems into UCF’s portfolio of both internal and cloud-based (SaaS) applications. The role is an integral part of the Enterprise
Application Development team within UCF IT and must coordinate with external providers and internal constituents to understand new cloud services and integration technologies. The position is a hands-on integration developer role responsible designing, developing, testing, and deploying integration solutions that meet the business and
academic need. Provides application development, performance monitoring, application acceleration, and service discovery to optimally deploy, run and improve applications.
Required skills/knowledge include:
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with SQL concepts.
- Understanding of basic web services and integration concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Understanding of object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Basic computer skills in the following software packages is required: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
- Ability to translate complex technical details for non-technical audiences
Job #: 497619
Open Date: June 21, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
Prefer candidates with any of the following skills or knowledge:
- Knowledge of data and application integration/middleware platforms such as SnapLogic, Informatica, Webmethods, Tibco, Mulesoft, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically, iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
- Knowledge of Enterprise Applications such as PeopleSoft, Banner, Workday, SalesForce, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies is preferred.
Applicants MUST apply through www.ucf.edu/jobs
. No paper applications, resumes, cover
letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P
position. Cover letters, resumes, and
other documents can be attached through the www.ucf.edu/jobs
assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan
implementation is appreciated. The
University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the
information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to
assist your demographic information will be used only for affirmative action.
University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and
affirmative action employer.
Agile Software Development