At Parsons, we are involved with planning, designing, assessing and constructing buildings all over the country. We enjoy our work and relish the opportunity to find innovative ways to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Balancing the budgetary, technical, and aesthetic concerns associated with planning, designing, and managing the construction of sustainable buildings is one of our specialties! We are now looking for Facilities Assessors to join our team, to support our clients' capital improvement planning and facility master planning. With your expertise, you can assist customers achieve these goals, by performing routine facility evaluations on internal and external structures, HVAC equipment and systems, site utilities, landscape and building aesthetics, sidewalks, foundations and pavement.
Our Facilities Assessors may provide architectural/civil facility condition assessments, mechanical, electrical and plumbing assessments and aesthetic assessments, report on their findings and perform cost estimates for clients for recommended improvements.
- Locates, evaluates and reports on the current conditions of major building systems and their individual components.
- Conducts inventory of building components and identify deficient conditions for a variety of building types
- Provides written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems.
- Provides quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
- Communicates with management team on schedule and project status.
- Assists with the development of assessment findings report
- Completes data forms utilizing the UNIFORMAT II Classification standards
- Reviews and interprets drawings
- May provide cost estimates on suggested improvements for clients
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) is required with 2+ years of relevant building design, assessment or construction experience
Non-Degreed Assessors must have 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Prefer candidates with experience performing Facilities Assessments on the building structure and foundation, as well as internal/external building systems, (HVAC, Plumbing, water systems, utilities), and areas outside of building (sidewalks, pavement, roads to building)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)