Job Title: IT Supervisor
Reports to: VP, Finance
Job Location: Arlington, VA – Corporate office
Travel Required: 0-25%
Responsible for supervising the information technology department in accordance with organizational policies and goals. Ensures proper functioning of the organization’s information systems and makes upgrades as necessary. Helps business operations utilize information systems to improve efficiency. Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs. Follows appropriate procedures including determining staffing requirements, establishing standards and procedures, monitoring work activities and output, and ensuring that production schedules and quantity/quality standards are met.
- Supervises assigned Information Technology operations and staff, such as computer operations, g, data entry, telecommunications, and user support/help desk functions.
- Performs network system administration as required.
- Monitors the performance of application and network servers and troubleshoots issues when they arise promptly and efficiently to ensure maximum availability and operation.
- Manages Virtual environment Citrix Xen desktop/Application images.
- Manages VoIP phone system and troubleshoots issues when they arise promptly and efficiently to ensure maximum phone availability.
- Maintains Active Directory Domain services.
- Administers all domain policies implemented through Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Organizes department to support 24/7 activities.
- Manages network infrastructure to ensure optimization and maximum availability.
- Administers STGi’s firewall policies and systems.
- Determines work requirements, priorities, communications and best use of resources for scheduled operations including unplanned incidents.
- Oversees all Tier 1/helpdesk support.
- Troubleshoots technical, operational, and customer service problems and takes corrective action to resolve conflicts.
- Provides Tier 2 support to individual users.
- Monitors FAQ database.
- Installs new and/or updates to software applications and trains users as appropriate. Plans long term infrastructure for a dynamic environment.
- Responsible for continuity of operations and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures security of assigned operational center and assumes delegated management responsibility during emergencies.
- Coordinates arrangements for service personnel to repair equipment ensuring maximum up-time of all equipment.
- Provides group training as needed on IT processes, hardware, software and communications equipment.
- Oversees and coordinates the ordering, shipping, receiving, distribution and accurate tracking of IT/ communications equipment.
· The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7,10, Server 2003-2016, Office Professional 2003/2016.
- Deltek (GCS/Cost Point, Time and Expense) preferred.
- GPO development and troubleshooting VMware ESX, vCenter knowledge and related software.
- Citrix XenDesktop experience.
- VoIP management.
- MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, Active Directory and LDAP Technologies.
- Fortigate appliance experience preferred.
- Use of PC’s and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple IT processes simultaneously which include software implementation, hardware set-up, IT security and new employee equipment set-up.
- Demonstrated capacity for attention to detail and accuracy of work product.
- 5 to 7 years of IT experience, at least three in a role supporting IT needs of multiple departments, decentralized staff, working with both hardware and software within an organization of equal or greater size/system requirements.
- Minimum of 4 years of system administration experience.
- PC and Network Technical Support experience.
- Oversight for corporate IT infrastructure.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field. Relevant experience and certifications may be substituted
· MCSE certification desired
- Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Able to reach to retrieve documents
- Able to carry materials up to 30 pounds
- Office environment
- Cyclical, deadline, and work flow driven
- Professional business environment with business dress code