To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Greene Resources • Roanoke, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently in need of a Network Architect for a Senior IT position in our client's Network Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, and Support department.
The Network Architect will work in a large enterprise environment and will be responsible for leading in projects to develop, recommend, and implement scalable and supportable solutions for LAN / WLAN / WAN / Data Center / Cloud services and ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision and strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Senior knowledge of network technologies, design standards, and positive and negative attributes of those. Including- TCP/IPv4/IPv6 protocol suite, DNS, DHCP, Routing Protocols, Routing Domain architectures, LAN/WAN technologies, Data Center Fabric, Telecommunications Services, Information Security standards, Quality-of-Service, and Wireless Network technologies.
2. Expert level knowledge of advance routing techniques with BGP.
3. A broad understanding of IT security standards and best practices for network infrastructure/service design. Including- PCI, SOX, HIPAA, Defense-In-Depth concepts, Network Segmentation, Data Center Service Isolation architectures, AAA services, Group Identity Structures, Layered Security architecture, and a Cooperative Policy framework.
4. A strong understanding of enterprise application and service environments. Including- Web-App-DB application architectures, Enterprise Services and Middleware operations, and Shared Infrastructure services.
5. A solid understanding of Cisco Routing and Switching including VLANs, Ethernet, WANs, LANs, Spanning Tree, vPC, Port Channels, and industry best practices.
6. A solid working understanding of Cisco Nexus and UCS technologies, including Nexus Distribution and Access tier models, Nexus Spine and Leaf models, Cisco UCS and FI network architecture, APIC and SDN-based networks, and a multi-tier data center segmentation model.
7. Proficient with network load-balancing technologies, including architecture options for those, services and server-farm implementations, performance management and optimization.
8. Proficient with SSL service management, the implementation of SSL for web services, load-balancing SSL services, managing multi-site certificates and procuring certificates.
9. Ability to understand the 7 layers of the OSI network model.
10. Ability to understand WAN circuit technologies, such as MPLS, OC/SONET, DWDM, as well as the implementation, management and the associated industry best practice troubleshooting methods.
- 7+ years of Network Architecture, Design, and Implementation experience
- CCNP / CCIE is highly desired
- SME-level understanding of Load Balancing and SSL
- Solid communication skills. Consistent communication and keeping requester and project leaders informed of status. Ability to translate end-user concerns to technical needs for communication within team or with other IT teams.
- Good collaboration skills, within team and with others. The engineer must have the ability to work with others in a collaborative way, sharing his/her ideas/opinions, and be able to comfortably voice opinion, express justification for and accept alternate opinions.
- Prioritizing issues and implementation tasks based on alignment with defined urgency and prioritization guidelines.
- Must be able to manage requirements gathering, technical definition and task tracking to be successful.
- Proficiency with client application uses (MS Office, Visio, Excel, Project, Putty, etc).
- Awareness of web applications and use-cases for them. Understanding of web browser configuration and caching implications on connectivity to web applications.
- Firm understanding of operation of network firewalls and IPS systems, where they are located, and impact they could have on communication between areas of the network. Able to use event management tools to research and identify general impacts on connectivity due to network firewall or IPS systems.
- Understanding of enterprise data center services, and inter-operation between applications and databases.
- SME-level knowledge with at least 2 technical solutions. Primary resource involved for escalated troubleshooting and design changes involving them.
Sound like you? We would love to connect! Just reply with your resume. All candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of applying.