FrankCrum - A family of employer solutions
FrankCrum contributes to a company’s success by minimizing the amount of time and money needed to manage services related to employees. Our personal touch has been one of the hallmarks of FrankCrum during more than 30 years of serving employers across the nation. That unmatched experience enables us to help companies guard against risk and attract and maintain an effective workforce with quality benefits and expert payroll services. Deep experience and broad company resources aren’t the only reasons you can trust FrankCrum. Clients have stayed with us for decades because they can tell we’re driven by the Golden Rule and that approach makes good business sense for everyone. We value relationships, keep promises and make integrity a priority in everything we do. In addition to our dedication to our clients, FrankCrum is committed to our neighbors. The company is deeply involved in helping the less fortunate in our communities.
Whether a company needs employer services for a staff of two or a thousand, the only name they need to know is FrankCrum. Our highly trained and experienced team can process their payroll accurately and on time, lower a company’s HR expenses, provide great rates on workers’ compensation insurance, plus a whole lot more. Ours is a family-oriented business and having our name on the door influences how we do business. We believe in taking the time to understand a company’s needs and provide employer services with a personal touch. You’ll find that FrankCrum is guided by a commitment to integrity in everything we do.
The successful Data Architect will have excellent SQL Server experience. This position will focus on the design and development of flexible data solutions to meet ever-changing company needs. The Data Architect will support the processes to identify, capture and store data in a data warehouse structure and will develop and maintain mapping logic to ETL data sets from various legacy applications and other transnational sources to a data warehouse model. The Data Architect will collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization. Are you ready to be engaged in something big? Continue reading to learn more about the job, our excellent benefits package, and how to apply!
- Lead discussions with the business, clients and leadership explaining architecture options and recommendations
- Design sustainable and optimal database models to support the data needs of the business
Perform architectural assessments of the organization's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Advise on database management, integration and BI tools
- Assist in performance tuning of databases and code
- Mentor development team members in design and development of complex ETL and BI implementations
- Present to the business, clients, and leadership
- Support the development of customer facing reporting, data visualizations, and analytics.
- Reviews current data structures and recommends optimizations and reconfigurations as warranted.
- Works with Database Administrators to migrate complex large scale applications into test and production environments.
- Evaluates and recommends new tools and methodologies.
- Consults with vendors to integrate selected packages.
- Develops and maintains all standards in accordance with data structures and models.
- May work with organization departments to design and develop data marts.
- Perform project planning and resource allocation to meet project milestones.
- Open, track, and resolve issues.
- Standardize, organize, and document BI processes.
- Assess all risks and mitigation strategies, communication impacts to projects across multiple channels.
- Work within an Agile environment to plan and deliver incremental projects in defined sprints.
- Interpret functional and information needs and turn them into data requirements, process models, and active systems.
Applicants must have:
- Successful background as an architect and/or technical lead on an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Track record of successfully architecting small, medium and enterprise scale solutions
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles and methodologies: Kimbal, Inmon, Data vault, etc
- Knowledge and expertise of database modeling techniques: Star, Snowflake, 3NF etc
- Knowledge of best practices in the database, ETL and/or BI technologies
- Experience with modeling tools like Power designer, ERWIN, etc
- Experience working with relational or OLAP database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Netezza
- Knowledge and experience with ETL tools: Informatica, MSBI (SSIS), Datastage, SAP Data Integrator
- Knowledge and experience with BI reporting and visualization tools: Business Objects, Microstrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, XLcubed, MSBI(SSAS, SSRS, Performance Point).
- Experience in developing a semantic data layer for easy access of business users.
- Strong knowledge and experience with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS on SQL server, OLAPPLTP, RDBMS design, dimensional modeling, SQL server, ETL and BI tools.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills and interest in learning and applying new technologies.
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience building BI roadmaps to meet business needs
- Strong communication skills.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar (in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in data warehousing and business intelligence reporting
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of hands-on experience using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to change
- Must be able to manage timelines and task priorities across multiple projects
- Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team co-operation
- Payroll, Employee Benefits, HR or PEO industry experience preferable
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision
FrankCrum provides an excellent and comprehensive selection of benefits including:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - employer matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Health Insurance - free for the employee-only level
- Life insurance - paid by FrankCrum
- PTO Cash Out – up to 40 hours annually
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance - premium paid by FrankCrum
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Family Legal Protection Plan
- Supplemental insurance plans (accident, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Educational reimbursement, up to $5,000 annually
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Supplemental life insurance
- Corporate America Family Credit Union
In addition, we hope to reward you with some great programs like:
- Rated Top Work Places by The Tampa Bay Times in 2018 – FrankCrum has been named a Top Workplace for 9 years in a row! That’s every year since the rankings debuted in 2010. FrankCrum is one of only ten companies with the consecutive winning streak.
- Trinity Café – An organization that since 2001, has served over 789,000 free meals to the homeless and poor of the area. Through our annual golf tournament and jeans day contributions from our employees, FrankCrum has raises over $100,000 each years to support the organization.
- Charity Golf Tournament – The FrankCrum Golf Invitational is an annual fundraising event for Trinity Café attended by hundreds of golfers and dozens of sponsors. The annual event has raised more than $1,000,000 to date.
- Homeless Empowerment Program (HEP) – Since 1986, HEP has provided homeless and very low-income families and individuals with housing, food, clothing and the support services necessary to obtain self-sufficiency and improved quality of life. Haley Crum serves on the Board of Directors as Vice Chair.
- Tilly’s Café – Named after Frank’s dog, Tilly, we have our café on-site and prepare freshly made to order breakfast and lunch options for our staff, clients and visitors. With Frank’s subsidized contribution, you can always find something great to eat at an affordable price.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)