The Financial Professional position is a client-based role where you run your own practice, but have the support of a Fortune 100 company. As a Financial Professional with New York life you will guide individuals, families and businesses alike into the financial future they desire by utilizing our expansive insurance and financial product lines. You'll help solidify your own future as well because you’ll have the opportunity to own your career, while being aligned with a company where hard work is valued and rewarded.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills
· Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Strong desire to help others
It is also a plus if you have strong interpersonal management skills, are a self-starter, and capable of working individually as well as in a team environment
Training, Development & Benefits
Our new, blended training and development program is designed to work with your schedule, and in this type of role, that can make all the difference. The multifaceted system includes:
· In conjunction with in office trainings, we’ve created a comprehensive and user-friendly learning experience within New York Life’s online portal system that is accessible anytime, anywhere and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
· You can read in full about all benefits 1 for our Financial Professional role here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Professional
What is expected of our Financial Professionals?
• Ability to understand the needs and financial concerns of clients.
• Ability to educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter.
• Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals.
• Cultivating relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
• Ability to build an insurance and financial practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients.
• Providing compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise.
• Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time.
Qualities that we look for in our Financial Professionals
• Sales experience preferred – entrepreneurial mindset, no mile too far.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Desire to help families and businesses to “Be Good At Life.”
• Strong business acumen.
• Professional business demeanor.
• Perseverance in the face of a challenge
• Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts
- Business Acumen
- Organized Nature