HSS is hiring Biomedical Repair Techs (Field Service Engineer & Sterilizer Specialists) in Multiple Colorado locations such as Denver, Grand Junction and Monterey, California or Seattle
Relocation assistance is available!
HSS services and repairs medical equipment, such as sterilizers, in hospitals and surgical centers in Colorado.
We are currently hiring different levels of Biomedical Repair & Sterilizer Technicians in Colorado or California. The goal of the Sterilizer Specialist/ Biomedical Repair Tech is to optimize the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of sterilizer and related equipment used for patient care by providing periodic inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, calibration and customer support for HSS customers and their mission. If you have experience repairing Sterilizer Medical equipment or general medical equipment, we would like to speak with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs service work and maintenance of medical equipment and Sterilizers, and ensures completion of the percentage requested by manager and customers.
- Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with other shop staff to ensure equipment and technology is working within specifications.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work related activities as specified by manager.
- Performs scheduled inspections and testing as asked.
- Provides support of the equipment repair process such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, support of field service engineers, and research issues.
- Perform repetitive job tasks required in the servicing of equipment.
- Provides all other support as requested by manager.
- Cleaning and preparing parts and assemblies for replacement.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, guests, and visitors.
- Work with equipment to meet regulatory requirements.
- Teach and train personnel on the steps and process of repair and maintenance.
- Oversee and qualify work of other shop employees as required by the manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development certificate (GED) is required.
- 1 plus years of experience, supporting / repairing floor mounted sterilizers or has been trained in the military.
- Ability to drive company owned commercial vehicles.
- General mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software.
- The ability to acquire professional certifications in the next two years.
- The ability to travel 75% locally, and occasionally overnight flying out to customer sites for a project.
- Certification in a related field is desirable; compulsory if required by law. Must be eligible for ICC/AAMI certification if work field is biomedical equipment.
- Minimum 2 or 4 years engineering technology / science, preferred); military education, specialized training certificates.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand, bend, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time working with equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a production or fabrication environment. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to lift and move up to 50 lbs., push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). May be required to work in confined or small spaces and qualify for fit testing or breathing or respiration equipment. Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in fabrication or medical environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Production Equipment Controls