All Openings are based in the DFW area!
Dallas, Lewisville, Plano, North Richland Hills, Frisco, Weatherford, Arlington, etc.
Registered Nurse (RN) Specialties Needed:
1. Intensive Care Unit
2. Medical Surgical
3. Operating Room
4. Labor & Delivery
5. Mother Baby
6. Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
7. Cath Lab
8. Progressive Care Unit
9. Emergency Room
10. Cardiovascular Operating Room
11. Critical Care Unit
Registered Nurse (RN) Summary
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides and coordinates defined specialty care and associated services to a defined population. Operates in a range of clinical, academic, research, and/or community outreach settings. Assesses patient and associated needs, develops and implements intervention plans, and evaluates response. Collaborates with other health care providers and/or community services, as appropriate.
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Independently obtains detailed health histories and performs physical assessments on a selected patient population; treats acute/chronic medical problems, as per physician approved protocol.
2. Performs or assists in procedural care requiring complex nursing skills and clinical judgement.
3. Plans, facilitates, and provides community outreach and/or educational activities within area of specialty to patients, families, health care staff, faculty and students; may travel state-wide to various outreach locations to provide services.
4. Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates provider care and services, to include home and school visits, and physician hospital visits for the specified population; supervises and/or coordinates patient care by support staff within clinical environments.
5. Notifies attending physician on call, the house physician, or the primary physician, as appropriate, regarding unusual or unexpected events/problems requiring direct physician consultation.
6. Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
7. Trains and educates nursing staff and ancillary student populations, as appropriate, in clinical procedures; coordinates in-service training, continuing education, orientation, and other related training functions.
8. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
9. May perform clinical research as appropriate to specific operations.
10. Develops and/or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements
· At least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· RN State-bound or Compact License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
· Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
· Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
· Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
· Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
· Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
· Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
· Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
· Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
· Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
· Advanced nursing skills in area of specialty.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
· Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
· Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Intensive Care Unit
Associate Of Science In Nursing