Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broad and competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we’re dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customers enjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Telecommunications Solutions Engineer to join our team in Jonesboro or Little Rock, AR.
The Solutions Engineer designs advanced voice, video, and data solutions for Ritter’s current and future enterprise business customers. Working closely with Enterprise Sales, this position is responsible for understanding customer needs, mapping those needs to our products, and engineering a suitable technical solution. The Sales Engineer performs pre-sales engineering functions such as network design and engineering, demonstrations and presentations, site surveys, and technical drawings. Expert level technical knowledge is critical in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the subject matter expert representing Ritter’s products and services to customers. Perform technical demos and presentations, answer detailed technical questions for customers regarding possible solutions.
- Accompany account execs on sales calls. Function as a consultant to both existing and prospective customers. Listen to and understand pain points facing customers. Perform site surveys to identify and design optimal solutions.
- Engineer network and service solutions including connectivity, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, SAN/NAS, cabling, backups, hosted voice, VoIP, PBX/Key systems, and other network equipment for business customers.
- Support the sales teams by generating proposals with pricing, SoW, BoM, and Visio diagrams. Create final designs for implementation by the Service Delivery team.
- Conduct training for sales and customer support teams on the design, capabilities, and technical specifications of products.
- Work closely with internal Enterprise Sales, Engineering, Service Delivery, Network Operations, and Field Operations teams to ensure solutions are properly configured and deployed.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings, providing input and suggestions for technical projects.
- Keep abreast of new products and industry trends through both formal training and independent study.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- IP routing and switching
- TDM, VoIP, PBX/Key systems, and other voice technologies
- Hosted and cloud-based services
- LAN, PC, and customer premise equipment
- CATV, RFoG
- Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture
- Network management and security
- Network storage solutions
- Layer 1 components and architecture
- MetaSolv M6, Salesforce.com
- Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Winsome personality and the ability to influence others
- Quick learner and ability to come up to speed on new technologies rapidly
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to work extended hours and remotely as needed
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent knowledge and work experience
3+ years in a hands on data network operations or network engineering role
3+ years in a pre-sales engineering role
3+ years in a customer-facing role
Technical certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, NEC, Mitel, or other industry-leading vendors
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Software As A Services
Platform As A Services