URL blocked - click to applyPosition Title: Operations Supervisor/Manager
Location: Long Island, NY
Position Type: Staff Position with full benefits
Salary: $70K - $80K, Depending on Experience
Benefits: Outstanding Benefit Package (see below)
Position Number: 9516
This Branch Operations Supervisor/Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire range of operational activities on all shifts for the main branch of this manufacturing company and one transfer station located in Maryland. Operational activities include safety, quality, warehousing, production, maintenance, fleet/DOT management and administration. Additional responsibilities also include training and supervising the duties of their direct reports. The level of the position (supervisor or manager) will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
· Ensuring the the safety of associates at all times by continually monitoring operational workflow, associate activity, and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
· Identifying safety improvements, developing an action plan, and taking appropriate action to execute the plan.
· Working all shifts to monitor and assess safety, compliance, productivity and associate performance.
· Managing a large fleet of commercial vehicles in compliance with DOT and FMCSA regulations.
· Maintaining a safe, clean and landscaped building, warehouse and office (interior and exterior).
· Obtaining bids to hire the most cost-effective and highest quality subcontractors.
· Managing a preventative maintenance program on machinery and equipment
· Managing inventory and conducting cycle counts.
· Supporting and enforcing company policies, procedures, programs and initiatives.
· Conducting effective meetings and presentations.
· Preparing for and participating in audits.
· Staffing according to business needs and coordinating work schedules.
· Hiring, training and conducting performance evaluations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· High school graduate or equivalent. College degree a plus.
· Minimum 3 years leadership experience in manufacturing, distribution or like industry.
· DOT/FMCSA and experience directly related to the duties of the position
· Strong communication and teamwork skills.
· Ability to analyze, problem solve and execute.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office applications and MetalTraq.
· Solid work record and performance history.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
Competitive wages and incentive bonuses
Affordable and comprehensive medical insurance
Dental and vision insurance
401(k) plan with employer matching contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and daycare
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness programs, educational opportunities and discount programs
Company paid short & long term disability
Company paid life insurance
Low cost disability and life buy-up programs
Onsite fitness center and discounted fitness programs
Massage therapy room
Game room, driving range, nap room, basketball court, bocce court
Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days
Onsite catering services
Free Mountain Roasted Coffee roasted daily