Senior Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC | Req #4700
Spirent Communications is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in low-level systems programming. This is an opportunity for a strong technical leader who will be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementations of Spirent's cloud solutions.
In this role you will work on the next generation of Spirent's cloud agent which is a key enabler for our cloud and virtual business. The agent is a greenfield project designed to accurately generate load and analyze performance in multiple dimensions: network, CPU, memory, and block I/O. There is significant design and coding required in this project.
If you have a broad set of technical skills that only come from extensive systems-building experience, have built products in several categories, and can clearly communicate your ideas to others, then you should get in touch.
Why Spirent... Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions. At Spirent, we want you to love your work and your life too! Your journey begins here. So, let's discover the future together - apply today!
● Develop an understanding of Spirent's previous approaches to multi-dimensional load generation and analysis and then map these onto a new architecture.
● Design significant new capabilities in areas that include CPU instruction set-specific load generation, NUMA awareness, cache-busting, and specific storage subsystems.
● Write substantial amounts of code in a modern C++ style (C++17).
● Provide technical leadership through all phases of software development.
● Demonstrate an exemplary commitment towards automation and code craftsmanship.
● Strive to raise everyone's game, including your own.