To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
- Lindsey Williams
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse
Phoenix House of the Mid-Atlantic • Arlington, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring the client’s on-going addiction, recovery, psychiatric, and medical needs. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team members to implement addiction, recovery and/or psychiatric treatment plan developed by lead clinical team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general nursing care services within the legal scope of nursing practice and standards developed by the profession, Nurse Practice Act, and regulatory agencies
- Use professional nursing processes, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, while carrying out nursing responsibilities
- Communicate health care needs of clients to appropriate supervising staff
- Respond to emergency health care needs of the clients
- Monitors client supervision
- Maintain adherence to posted schedule
- Facilitates residential community groups as scheduled or as needed to resolve community issues
- Meets regularly with Residential Structure to ensure smooth operations of facility and RCS
- Supervise house checks on a regular and random basis
- Coordinate shift turnover to ensure smooth transitions and dissemination of appropriate information to the next shift
- Liaison for communication of clinical information between staff
- Perform health screenings of clients
- Collect and record data specific to the health status of clients
- Assist in monitoring special programs such as infection control and medication management
- Provides health care instruction and information to clients relating to the promotion of health and wellness.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings as required
- Responsible for maintaining ethical standards and continued professional growth, including
- Abide by Program and PHMA policy and procedures
- Ensure all CARF standards are instituted and maintained
- Promote, in public and private contacts, the quality standards and ethical practices of PHMA staff.
- Continue professional growth by attending workshops, trainings and staff in-service trainings to increase skill and knowledge and to set appropriate example for staff
- Maintain current licensure/certification including FEAR, CPR, First Aid, and Medication Management
- Maintain professional boundaries with staff and clients
- Currently licensed in Virginia as an LPN
- Minimum of two years experience in addictions/psychiatric nursing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
§ Skill in implementing nursing protocol.
§ Skill in patient assessment.
§ Ability to carry out instruction and accurately document medical information.
§ Ability to work and communicate with others.
§ Ability to develop rapport with variety of client populations
§ Ability to apply organizational management skills and maintain self and resident discipline.
§ Ability to prepare and maintain required documentation.
§ Ability to comply with state and federal regulations regarding confidentiality.
§ Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with residents.