Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dedicated Office Manager who seeks to bring their A game to a collaborative team of talented professionals at the New Lenox, Illinois office.. You are not afraid to make impact where your diligence matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class. Yes, we’re dynamic and we know it. Come join a company built on grit and excellence.
As the Office Manager you will be responsible for managing the overall daily operations relating to Accounts Receivable, Cash Handling, and Office Administration. This position makes decisions concerning credit limits appropriate for customers and jobs, acceptable levels of risk and terms of payment for customers.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
We are Munch's Supply, the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 18 branch locations. But that’s not all - Through acquisition, we also operate in 6 more Midwestern states through the O’Connor Company. And, if that’s not enough, we most recently added the Tommark brand in Michigan last year with 5 more branches. We’re on a roll, and there’s no stopping us now!
Started in 1956, the business has grown into a premier American Standard and Trane distributorship in the Midwest earning the Trane Pacesetter Award in 2012 and 2014 and the American Standard Pinnacle Award in 2013. We proudly represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 8000 SKUs in our full assortment. In 2015, HARDI, Supply House Times and The Wholesaler ranked Munch's in the top 30 HVAC distributors nationwide. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2015, Munch's raised more than $10,300--marking our second year in a row as the top Trane team.
What’s in it for You?
A nice competitive wage for sure! On your first day, you’ll be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) is on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that’s not enough, you’ll accrue for paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 2 weeks in your first year. You’ll have paid holidays, some holiday eve free time, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company paid dress swag, summer work hours, and much more!
Easy & Convenient Location!
We’re just off the I-80 at Rte 30 at 1901 Ferro Drive in New Lenox, IL.
What You’ll Be Doing as the Office Manager
Credit & Accounting As the Office Manager you will be managing the credit team to ensure adequate coverage of customer accounts, ensuring adequate workload balance and overseeing the process of approval and denial of credit application requests.
- Manages all collections activity and processes consistent with company guidelines and proper use of company computer credit systems and develops payment programs for customers as required to minimize loss and maximize sales.
- Conducts and evaluates monthly credit meetings and develops and reports out monthly metrics on credit team, work performance and customer account status.
- Responsible for the maintain of strong cash flows through efficient collections as directed by the company and monitors the credit team’s timely and effective performance, ensuring cash application to customer accounts, adequate & specific customer notations in the system, and timely follow up as needed.
- Actively engages in the evaluation of the need to use the pre-lien and lien laws in the best interest of the company, minimizing undue credit exposure on specific accounts.
- Actively work with the sales teams and sales managers to ensure that opportunities are maximized to drive sales and minimize overall credit risk.
- Personally, conducts collection activities and serves as the escalation point for the credit staff
- Regularly reviews credit and collections processes to identify weaknesses or areas of opportunity by which to include the IT, Finance, and Sales departments as needed.
- Conducts routine credit analysis and maintenance of large customer accounts and specific job accounts in order to mitigate bad debt. Reports findings to management and makes recommendation for change
- Conducts and reviews large account analysis on a quarterly basis as well as credit analysis on credit requests for prospective and existing customers by evaluating both the individual creditworthiness of the customer and the general contractors and owners they perform work for.
- Monitors the accounts receivable portfolio for trends and warning signs, reports to management, and applies changes as directed and needed.
- Obtains security interests where necessary, i.e. letters of credit or personal guarantees, liens, joint checks etc. as well as initiates legal or other recovery actions against delinquent customers as established within the guidelines of the company and assessing the performance of credit and collections vendors taking action to add or remove vendors as directed and necessary.
Office Management As the Office Manager you would manage personnel in office administration and receptionist departments as well as overseeing office supply levels and approving replenishment orders.
- Ensure proper phone coverage for office.
- Oversee imaging processes
- Coordinate office cleaning and carpet cleaning and ensure office is organized and safe for personnel.
- Conduct regular emergency drills for all office personnel as directed by safety committee.
- Maintain updated roster and emergency contact list for all office personnel.
- Ensure proper funds for postage machine and coordinate replenishment orders.
Management As the Office Manager you will lead by example in all staff and customer dealings in person, on the phone, and in written communication and conduct regular staff touch bases to provide feedback on the review of assigned customers, aging, notes documentation, assignment status, goal review, and coaching. You will also grow your company tool belt by using company tools such as the GROW model or EPNs as needed to address sub-standard work performance. As the Office Manager you will recognize staff for superior customer service, goal accomplishment, or other satisfactory work performance as well as staffing the department based on the needs of the department, phone coverage, customer visits, and workloads. You will support and adhere to company policies and procedures, most especially those commonly challenged in the workplace such as dress code, attendance, professionalism, and productivity and seek supervisor and HR partnerships in addressing issues as needed. The Office Manager approaches all employment matters with a solution oriented, professional, and legally compliant mindset.
Customer Interaction The Office Manager provides excellent customer service through timely customer interaction, problem resolution or escalation with effective and efficient follow-up and addresses customers politely and professionally in a courteous manner, even in situations that may become difficult or tense.
· High School diploma or its GED equivalent and a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field or its equivalent in related work experience.
· 3-5 years’ experience with credit, accounting and related functions.
· 5-10 years’ experience with office management, accounting, and other related functions preferred. Prior experience managing office staff essential.
· High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
· Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
· Use computers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, and phone systems relative to the needs of the job.
· Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
· Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
· Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
· Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
· Minimum keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute
Customer Interaction Management