A local Kansas City Kansas area company is looking to add a Screw Machine Operator to their manufacturing team! This is a direct hire, permanent position with room for advancement and growth opportunities.
Screw Machine Operator
Location: Kansas City, KS
Pay: $25-35/hr, Depending on Experience
- Various shifts available, mainly 1 st /day shifts, Mon-Friday
Medical benefits offered. Once converted to client company, additional benefits may apply.
* Give our office a call
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS SCREW MACHINING EXPERIENCE.
* Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools to be used.
* Positions and secures specified collets, bushings, and stock pushers onto stock feeding mechanism and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
* Installs and adjusts specified cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station.
* Positions and secures tools in tool holders.
* Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
* Moves controls to cycle machine through settings, stopping machine and adjusting tool positions and machine controls to allow for operating factors such as timing, clearance between moving parts, and chip removal.
* Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample workpiece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
* Replaces worn tools.
* Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
* Performs on-the-job training for operators as needed.
- Manufacturing Machine
- Screw Machine