Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $57,000/Year + Benefits
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible to provide 1st level of support. Diagnose and Troubleshoot issues related with Laptops, Desktops, Printers and Mobile Devices (Handhelds and Cellphones). Escalate incidents/requests to higher levels of support. Route tickets to the proper team. He will be the main point of contact for onsite and hands-on Data Center support.
Strong troubleshooting skills on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Strong Hardware troubleshooting skills with Printers, Laptops, Desktops and Servers.
Good troubleshooting skills with Mobile Devices and Handhelds.
Fluid English and good communication is a must.
Good structured cabling skills.
Strong Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Basic skills on LAN and WAN networks.
Basic knowledge on Windows Server Management (Windows 2008 and/or Windows 2012)
Basic skills with Active Directory (user and computer management).
Basic knowledge of ITIL. Certification is a plus.
Availability to travel when needed.
Provide onsite Desktop Support to 4 warehouses located around the Chicago area. This includes but it is not limited to:
Fix Laptop/Desktop Hardware and OS issues.
Document, categorize and assign service tickets.
Trobleshoot printer issues.
Document Standard Operating Procedures.
Work with third party vendors for hardware replacement.
Provide hands-on support and escort contractors to Data Center.
Keep inventory up to date.
Setup handheld and mobile devices
Create AD user accounts and assign permissions
Setup new computers.
Escalate issues with application vendors.
- Maintain desktop hardware and software
- Perform desktop hardware support for all divisions located in CA
- Assist with desktop software deployment and testing
- Resolving complex desktop and network problems
- Provide second-level technical support for resolving complex desktop and network problems
- Conduct user hardware and software training for users
- Resolve hardware and software issues
- Report on performance for desktop services
- Work with desktop engineering to maintain accurate hardware and software inventories
- Install desktop applications on client workstations
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve desktop issues
- Maintain all aspects of the desktop environment-including hardware, software and printer support
- Resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Support both hardware and software components for users
- Support remote users including remote desktop management tools and implementation
- Resolve complex technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Resolve desktop toolset issues of simple to moderate complexity
- Provide monthly metrics for desktop services to management
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced desktop support personnel
Wide Area Networks
Windows Server 2008